The BA in Computer Science is designed for students who are interested in entering the work force in Computer Science, possibly after getting an MA, but are not strongly considering continuing on in a PhD program. Students who wish to pursue a more rigorous track are urged to consider the BS in Computer Science. We also encourage students that are completing a BA in Computer Science to consider completing a second major or minor.
The minimum requirements for the BA in computer science are nine courses:
Five Core courses
- COSI 11a: Programming in Java and C
- COSI 12b: Advance Programming Techniques
- COSI 21a: Data Structures and the Fundamentals of Computing
- COSI 29a: Discrete Structures
- COSI 31a: Computer Systems and Organization
At least four additional COSI courses, excluding 99d. At least one elective must be from the breadth and depth requirements group A courses and one from breadth and depth requirements group B, and one may be cross-listed. The courses in groups A and B are listed here.