CS210b/Spr03 -- 3D Graphics
Look here for some sample projects.
OpenGL version of GREWP tool: GLGREWP.jar
The GEWT-recordings of our lectures are available
To view them you need to download this jar file,
double click on it and select the "run VCR" item from the Options menu.
- 1/29/03: JScheme and the jlib/Swing.scm windowing toolkit
- 2/05/03: The java.awt.Graphics class and 2D translations
- 2/12/03: Threads and synchronize/wait/notify, Shape class in Graphics2D
See the programs
2dlib.scm and 2dlibdemo.scm in this directory.
We will discuss these programs and then have you extend them.
- 2/19/03: 2D Transformations and matrices, scene graphs, intro to 3D graphics
- 2/26/03: 3D graphics Transformations
- 3/12/03: Lighting Models:
Ch1,2 (pp. 1-60)
of the OpenGL 1.4 Specification
Also see demo program, demo1c.scm, rewritten to use call lists
and to respond to key events with changes in perspective: (here)
- 4/3/2003: lighting and camera motion demos.
In particular, see lightdemo3.scm.
- Jscheme homepage
- Gl4Java on MacOSX
- Java 1.4 API, especially
George Corliss's referencs for his Computer Graphics course
- OpenGL documentation (downloadable HTML)
- Image Processing Library from NIH
- list of java libraries for reading/writing images