The intent of this document is to state the conditions under which the Jetty Package may be copied, such that the Copyright Holder maintains some semblance of control over the development of the package, while giving the users of the package the right to use, distribute and make reasonable modifications to the Package in accordance with the goals and ideals of the Open Source concept as described at http://www.opensource.org.
It is the intent of this license to allow commercial usage of the Jetty package, so long as the source code is distributed or suitable visible credit given or other arrangements made with the copyright holders.
1. The Standard Version of the Jetty package is available from http://www.mortbay.com.
2. You may make and distribute verbatim copies of the source form of the Standard Version of this Package without restriction, provided that you include this license and all of the original copyright notices and associated disclaimers.
3. You may make and distribute verbatim copies of the compiled form of the Standard Version of this Package without restriction, provided that you include this license.
4. You may apply bug fixes, portability fixes and other modifications derived from the Public Domain or from the Copyright Holder. A Package modified in such a way shall still be considered the Standard Version.
5. You may otherwise modify your copy of this Package in any way, provided that you insert a prominent notice in each changed file stating how and when you changed that file, and provided that you do at least ONE of the following:
a) Place your modifications in the Public Domain or otherwise make them Freely Available, such as by posting said modifications to Usenet or an equivalent medium, or placing the modifications on a major archive site such as ftp.uu.net, or by allowing the Copyright Holder to include your modifications in the Standard Version of the Package.6. You may distribute modifications or subsets of this Package in source code or compiled form, provided that you do at least ONE of the following:
b) Use the modified Package only within your corporation or organization.
c) Rename any non-standard classes so the names do not conflict with standard classes, which must also be provided, and provide a separate manual page for each non-standard class that clearly documents how it differs from the Standard Version.
d) Make other arrangements with the Copyright Holder.
a) Distribute this license and all original copyright messages, together with instructions (in the about dialog, manual page or equivalent) on where to get the complete Standard Version.7. You may charge a reasonable copying fee for any distribution of this Package. You may charge any fee you choose for support of this Package. You may not charge a fee for this Package itself. However, you may distribute this Package in aggregate with other (possibly commercial) programs as part of a larger (possibly commercial) software distribution provided that you meet the other distribution requirements of this license.
b) Accompany the distribution with the machine-readable source of the Package with your modifications. The modified package must include this license and all of the original copyright notices and associated disclaimers, together with instructions on where to get the complete Standard Version.
c) Make other arrangements with the Copyright Holder.
8. Input to or the output produced from the programs of this Package do not automatically fall under the copyright of this Package, but belong to whomever generated them, and may be sold commercially, and may be aggregated with this Package.
9. Any program subroutines supplied by you and linked into this Package shall not be considered part of this Package.
10. The name of the Copyright Holder may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
11. This license may change with each release of a Standard Version of the Package. You may choose to use the license associated with version you are using or the license of the latest Standard Version.
12. THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
13. If any superior law implies a warranty, the sole remedy under such shall be , at the Copyright Holders option either a) return of any price paid or b) use or reasonable endeavours to repair or replace the software.
14. This license shall be read under the laws of Australia.