The Data Compression Conference (DCC) is an international forum
for current work on data compression and related applications.
- Compression of specific types of data (text, images, video, etc.).
- Compression in networking, communications, and storage.
- Applications to bioinformatics.
- Applications to mobile computing.
- Applications to information retrieval.
- Computational issues for compression related applications.
- Inpainting-based compression, perceptual coding.
- Compressed data structures.
- Quantization theory, and vector quantization (VQ).
- Joint source-channel coding.
- Compression related standards.
Both theoretical and experimental work are of interest. More >
If you would like to be added to, or removed from the DCC email list,
please contact us.
Where and When
Due to 2020 travel restrictions,
originally scheduled for March 24,
DCC 2020 is a virtual conference
(see the program).
DCC 2021 is planned for its usual physical location at
the Cliff Lodge convention center in the beautiful Snowbird & Alta Ski areas; just a short ride from the
Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah, U.S.
"Quality is in the Eye of the Beholder"
Prof. Alan Bovik
The University of Texas at Austin