7CHIPS LLC, New York, NY
(7Chips developed intellectual-property for enterprise Voice-Over-IP equipment)
February 2002-January 2004 VP Business Development
- Handling all US-based sales and operations for France-based telecom equipment start-up.
MOBILEE, INC. (now part of NMS Communications), Chestnut Hill, MA
(Mobilee developed solutions for providing Internet services over telephone, including e-mail-by-phone)
October 1999-December 2000 Director of Business Development
- Oversaw content, commerce and hosting strategic partnerships.
- Worked to spec out multiple voice apps (including UI design) for voice-portal partners (including Lycos).
- Oversaw development of new name and branding of company (formerly Shoutmail.com).
- Managed multi-million dollar advertising budget.
APLIO, INC. (now part of Net2Phone), San Bruno, CA
(Aplio developed consumer and enterprise Voice-Over-IP telephone appliances)
February 1998-May 1999 Product Release Manager
- Product manager on next-generation Internet telephony appliance products.
- Put together training materials and trained customer support and sales staff.
- Built company intranet between three offices and customer-support center.
- Technical liaison between US marketing office and French development office.
- Worked with OEM partners to spec out product integration.
- Worked with international standards groups to insure H.323 compatibility of products.
WEBTV NETWORKS (now part of Microsoft), Palo Alto, CA
(WebTV created set-top boxes to provide access to the web and e-mail via a television)
July-December 1996 Content Systems Specialist
- Implemented sports and news channels for the WebTV Network service.
- Created set of tools for speeding delivery of content to web sites.
- Created reference set of HTML for use in quality assurance testing of web browser software.
- Founding member of internal Security Council.
KURZWEIL APPLIED INTELLIGENCE (sold to Lernout & Hauspie), Waltham, MA
(Kurzweil developed speech-recognition products for the enterprise and medical markets)
Summer 1991, Fall 1994-Spring 1995 Engineer
- Developed interactive multimedia demonstration and tutorial software for the company's flagship product, Kurzweil Voice Report, an advanced medical speech-recognition product.
BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY, Waltham, MA
B.A., May 1997. Dean's List.
Concentrations: Computer Science and Near Eastern and Judaic Studies.
Additional Coursework: Business Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Management Accounting.
- Recipient of the Brandeis Undergraduate Fellows Program research grant 1995-1996.
- Recipient of the Sachar Fund research grant 1995-1996.
- Strong technical background. Extensive knowledge of UNIX, Windows and Macintosh systems. Experience working on development of hardware and software solutions, both for consumer and enterprise applications.
- One issued patent, others pending.